Re: wireless, ural-linux driver doesn't work

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:58:16 +0200
Yannick Roehlly <yannick.roehlly@free.fr> wrote:

> Paolo Ardoino wrote:
>
> > Oct 22 13:03:21 fuzzy PREEMPT
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> This may be the problem (at least, it _was_ the problem in my case).
> Try to disable preempt in your kernel build. Without preempt, ural
> works really fine here (except for the information provided by
> iwconfig about bit rate and link quality that are obviously wrong).

i have wrote the developer and he said he will not develop further the
driver.
I have been trying it with the wpa supporta added with wpasyupplicant
but the driver is soooo slow (1-2 mb/set) so i switched to the real
driver:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

try this and be sure to grab the latest cvs:

the name is always the same:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt2x00-cvs-daily.tar.gz

Bye!

--