Re: Airport stops working.

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 11:08 +0200, Enric Nadal wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been having some issues with the airport card of my ibook g3 900Mhz.
> Sometimes, it stops working, but I can't trace were the problem is.
> I'm using a ubuntu breezy, with a 2.6.13.2 kernel compiled myself.
> The firmware of the airport card is version 8.70, as I installed Tiger to try
> it. The only strange output I get is:
> Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
>     SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
> when i ifdown it.
> Any clues about this problem or anything I can do to provide more information?

You mean that occasionally, when you boot, it doesn't work ? Now what if
you try using eth2 in that case, does it work ?

WHat I noticed is that occasionally (but not all the time) I get a bogus
eth1 interfacec that I blame on the firewire networking code. Thus
airport ends up being moved "elsewhere"

Ben.