synaptic touchpad not found

hi,

I have an iBook G4 with the touchpad, which needs the appletouch driver.
It works fine, but it isn't recognized as synaptic touchpad

from /var/log/X.org.0.log
(II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.13.6
Synaptics Touchpad no synaptics event device found (checked 4 nodes)
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Option "SHMConfig" "true"
(**) Option "LeftEdge" "60"
(**) Option "RightEdge" "850"
(**) Option "TopEdge" "60"
(**) Option "BottomEdge" "511"
(**) Option "FingerLow" "55"
(**) Option "FingerHigh" "60"
(**) Option "MaxTapTime" "100"
(**) Option "MaxTapMove" "20"
(**) Option "VertScrollDelta" "30"
(**) Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
(**) Option "RTCornerButton" "3"
(**) Option "LTCornerButton" "2"
Query no Synaptics: 6003C8
(EE) Synaptics Touchpad no synaptics touchpad detected and no repeater
device
(EE) Synaptics Touchpad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Synaptics Touchpad"
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
(WW) <default pointer>: No Device specified, looking for one...
(II) <default pointer>: Setting Device option to "/dev/psaux"
(--) <default pointer>: Device: "/dev/psaux"
(==) <default pointer>: Protocol: "Auto"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) <default pointer>: Core Pointer
(==) <default pointer>: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(==) <default pointer>: Buttons: 3

I use kernel 2.6.14-rc4 built on the ubuntu config-2.6.12-9-powerpc. But
I had this problem since I use the appletouch driver (before that i
didnt could move the mouse, you know ;-) )

i copy the X configuration from the appletouch website.

Regards,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people@world:/# apt-get --purge remove dominion
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'