Re: FN KEY and 2.6.1(3|4)

Le lundi 17 octobre 2005 à 21:15 +0100, Jochen Voss a écrit :
> Hello Sven,
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:54:43PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Maybe a big help would be to get it into the debian kernel to start with,
> > don't you think ?
>
> This would be great!
>
> Somebody was unhappy because the patch maps the fn-key to the
> (otherwise unused on PowerBooks) keycode for the right control key.

Except that the person which was unhappy also happens to be the input
subsystem kernel maintainer, Vojtech Pavlik.

> But as far as I know nobody came up with a better idea and it is only
> an aesthetical problem and not a technical one.  So I think this is
> not a proper reason to not include it.

A modified and both technicaly and aestheticaly correct patch was
already merged in the latest stable kernel. But it requires a modified X
input driver in order to work.

Wasn't this already discussed in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=307327 ?

Stelian.