Re: Anyone experiencing bash hangs?

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing intermittent bash hangs;
> it seems to be stuck at 100% CPU usage
> waiting for some process to end.
>
> Is there anyone experiencing similar problem?
>
> It seems to happen when I'm hitting ctrl-c in
> the command-line.

Not sure whether we are experiencing the same problem.

Here, in a terminal under X, such as mlterm, the terminal would hang
suddenly at random, and my ibook starts beeping, then the whole system
dies. I have to press `Ctrl + Apple + Power' to reboot the system. After
retrying and reproducing several times, it seems pressing TAB key is the
main cause.

This problem is really weird. For this reason, i dare not use any
terminals under X. While, luckily, Emacs(who provides several shells)
and Console don't have the above problem, they save me. :-)

--
William