Re: Recent kernels bombing when compiling them with CUDA but without PMU support

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, [iso-8859-1] Rogério Brito wrote:

The problem is that the kernel compiles bombs when we include CUDA
support, but exclude PMU support (which, AFAIK, oldworlds don't
have---please let me know if I am wrong here).

Have you seen this? Would you like further details?

Hey Folks,

Sorry I'm getting in this thread a little late, but I've configured
my kernels like this, and have no stability problems.  Here's the
relevant section of my .config:

#
# I2O device support
#
# CONFIG_I2O is not set

#
# Macintosh device drivers
#
CONFIG_ADB=y
CONFIG_ADB_CUDA=y
# CONFIG_ADB_PMU is not set
# CONFIG_PMAC_MEDIABAY is not set
CONFIG_ADB_MACIO=y
CONFIG_INPUT_ADBHID=y
CONFIG_MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN=y
# CONFIG_ANSLCD is not set

This is working for an 8500 running a 2.6.13 kernel.  Let me know if
you need my complete config, or more details.  I don't don't have a
text console on bootup, but video in X is fine ...

cheers
vinai