Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 12:32:33PM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 septembre 2005 à 19:54 +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> > >
> > > Humm, this is indeed a problem. :-( The non-freeness of miboot is a
> > > secondary problem in face of not having a way to install the operating
> > > system on the box. :-(
> >
> > i managed to do a powerpc-miboot flavour build, which does fit on a miboot
> > floppy. I would like (urgently) for folk to test it out, it is just a kernel,
> > i need to see if it boots, not much more for now, before i go ahead and upload
> > 2.6.12-7 which would include it, and subsequently build debian-installer
> > images with it.
> >
> > The floppy is at :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/miboot.floppy
>
> It boots happily on my PowerMacintosh G3.
> Where am I supposed to find the matching root disk image file, though?

That was just a test image, no matching root, but i enabled this on the
daily builds now :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/floppy

Or something such.

Friendly,