Re: open power 710 install

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 03:26:23PM +0200, Xavier Grave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have  tryed on our open power 710
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/current/debian-testing-powerpc-netinst.iso
> today and two statements :
>
> During the install the yaboot step fail, I had to chroot to /target in
> order to do a yabootconfig from the chrooted environment. After the
> kernel installed in the /boot directory is a 32 bits one.

Can you file a bug against yaboot-installer with details (output of
/proc/cpuinfo, parted and then print, this kind of things). I am not in charge
of that, but Colin Watson will be able to help more.

> What I will do know :
> Use the cdrom to have access to the chrooted environment and do an
> apt-get install kernel-image-whatever64bits-poserpc

Nope, you should have gotten linux-image-2.6.12-1-powerpc64 2.6.12-10. If you
did not, please file a bug against base-installer with details.
(/proc/cpuinfo, date of the iso grabbing, date of the install, did you chose
etch or sid, if you still have the /var/log of the installer step before the
chroot, then those too).

> Except this two little problems : the installer worked perfectly.

Cool, let's get those solved, and thanks for trying it out.

Friendly,

Sven Luther