Re: nvidia driver on ppc. problems

Hi,

On Di, Okt 04, 2005 at 09:04:22  GMT, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 17:58 +0000, josep29@casal.upc.edu wrote:
> > 1.- external vga/dvi output (can't use a bigger screen or TV)
>
> Yes, none of the nvidia "free" drivers supports dual head at this point.
> Those _are_ supported by the HaikuOS driver it seems so it would be
> possible to use it as an example and implement the support in X.org if
> you volunteer ... :)

Well, actually the external VGA/DVI does work, but internal and external
output are mutually exclusive...

> > .. and the propietary nvidia driver is not available for ppc architecture.
> > So I ask: which is the nv present and future? is there the possibility some day
> > this things are going to work? is there some any other project for the drivers?
>
> Everything is possible. Wether it's likely or not is a different matter.
> There isn't anybody that I know actively working on the free "nv" driver
> except Lars recent work on EXA. I suppose I may give a try to the
> suspend/wakeup stuff again one of these days using the iMac G5 though I
> can't guarantee I'll figure it out.

I know someone is working on coldstarting his NVidia card, though he has
a fairly new card which uses a different mechanism than the older ones,
but I guess the card in the iMac G5 falls into that category. Also, I
could send you the stuff I have gathered together.

Alex