Re: Hello and sources.list

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 03:02:45PM +0100, anthony iles wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm new to Debian for PPC - tho I have run Ubuntu and
> other Debian-based distros on knackered PC's.
>
> I recently brought a new hard drive for my G3 Pismo
> 500mhz Powerbook and decided to install Debian to see
> if it would run. I'm sure I'll be posting lots here as
> there's plenty I have to learn.
>
> After using the 1st Debian CD to install a base system
> and post-installing x and gnome, the first question I
> have is this: after just using the  I only have one
> repository in my sources.list searching this
> repository I can't find samba vlc or a host of other
> basics that I use day to day. I have googled "debian
> repositories ppc' and searched the Debian site I can't
> seem to find anything...can anyone let me know any
> other repositories I can use?

You probably have only the content of the CD in that apt repo, try adding :

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r0a _Sarge_ - Official powerpc Binary-1
(20050608)]/ unstable contrib main

deb http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

You should have the first line and the last line, right ? Add the second, and
then read the apt-cache man page :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther