Delay after resuming iBook2 running X.org from sleep mode

Hello folks,

I've recently upgraded my Debian testing based iBook2 (G3) from XFree to
X.org -- My X configuration file has actually not changed, just the
configuration file name of course.

My problem is that, since I've upgraded to X.org, I expect a delay after
resuming my iBook from the sleep/suspend state; This delay has never
occurred during the `good old` days I was running XFree.

The iBook takes actually nearly 1 minute (or bit more) to resume from
the sleep mode, the screen is completely black in the meantime and just
a moment before the system comes back vital my screen flickers in
different nice rainbow colors -- Doesn't sound good, I know.

At this point I'm actually wondering if someone else is experiencing my
same trouble and could give me some tips on how to fix it.

I attach my xorg.conf file to this e-mail in order to provide some
technical details of my actual X.org configuration.

Thanks in advance for feedback.
Best regards,

 I.

P.S. I'm actually off-list so please Cc: me on each reply, thanks.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors

Section "Files"
        # FontPath      "unix/:7100"    # local font server
        # FontPath      "unix/:7110"    # local ttf font server

        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"

        # paths to defoma fonts
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "v4l"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "xtt"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        # Option        "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        # Option        "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon Mobility 9000 M6 (R250 LY)"
        Driver          "radeon"
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "iBook LCD"
        # HorizSync     28-49
        # VertRefresh   43-72
        HorizSync       31.5-57.0
        VertRefresh     50-75
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon Mobility 9000 M6 (R250 LY)"
        Monitor         "iBook LCD"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           1