Re: sudden power loss on tibook

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 07:34:06PM +1000, James Ballantine wrote:
> I've been running cpufreqd for the last few days with full logging
> enabled. the system powered off just now - I don't see anything
> anomalous in /var/log/syslog (and no mention of frequency changes).
> I've now disabled cpufreqd and am testing powernowd to see if I get
> the same behaviour.

I have run with and experienced power loss with both on my iBook
G3.

Over the last few days I have been running without either (although
with the same kernel) and have not experienced the the problem.

I had previously run with different versions of pbbuttons with the no
tap typing thing on and off and always had the problem -- I feel sure
it is related to CPU frequency switching.

-i
ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au