Re: help with airport card on g3 powerbook

On 9/4/05, Dean Hamstead <dean@bong.com.au> wrote:
from mine (working)

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installation
#auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
   wireless-key bbaaddeeee
#wireless-key off
#  wireless-essid BONG_LANS_11B

the '#'s are clearly comments. i bounce between AP's so i just do them
on the command line with
ifconfig eth0 essid XXXYYYZZZ

Dean

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au

I'll assume you're using an airport card, not airport extreme. Also assume you have the Airport module loaded (should be done by default during the install), and the wireless-tools package installed.

As previously suggested, I'd suggest setting wireless_key1, then the wireless_defaultkey option specifying which key to use.

If you're really stuck, you might try the Ubuntu (or Kubuntu) for PPC live cd's, if it works there, you can mount your drive, and copy over the config

Here's my config

iface eth0 inet dhcp
    # wireless-* options are implemented by the wireless-tools package
    wireless_essid got_nix
    wireless_mode managed
    wireless_key1 123etc...
    wireless_key2 123etc...