Re: Still Deadlock problem with pbbuttonsd 0.6.10?

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:41:08 +0200
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:44:39PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >  I had what I _assume_ was this problem (machine apparently locked and
> > feeling warm or hot, I don't know where to find any MagicSysRQ keys)
> > with 2.6.12-rc6 (and perhaps with 2.6.11.9) until I disabled
> > NoTapTyping.  Before that, it would typically lock up within an hour of

> Anyay, with NoTapTyping enabled (default of the new debian package) my
> laptop freezes, in an unpredictable manner but no longer then 10 minutes
> after the boot, when start typing in a terminal.

This freezes in conjunction with NoTapTyping must be a new problem. If the
machine really freezes (no mouse movement, etc) it has nothing to do with
the CPU=100% problem, I think.

What machines do you have? Does the trackpad work? (I think so, you
wouldn't use NoTapTyping otherwise). Are there any other hints you can
provide to me? For example what did you do just before the freeze? Were
you typing, not typing, changing hardware (USB) components, etc.? Did your
logfiles tell something unusual?

Any hint is welcome because I don't have this problems on my ancient Pismo
and therefore I have some difficulties to debug it.

  Best Regards
    Matthias