Re: Copying mp3s from a Mac iPod

On 14/06/2005 at 21:37 +0100, George Wright wrote:

> You can then just mount it by doing mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/ipod -t hfsplus,
> assuming the iPod is assigned /dev/sda.

Actually it should be sda3 (sda2 would be the vfat partition on a
"windows ipod").

You can find the music around

/media/ipod/iPod_Control/Music/F*/gtkpod*.mp3

At least that's where gtkpod stores it for me on mine (if you use itunes
or something else, it shouldn't be "far from there").

As filenames do not give any information about the music, you will have
to use some script to extract it from the itunesdb (or from the id3v2
tags).

gnupod-tools package might be useful.

--
Kiko