Re: keyboard backlight working on PowerBook5,6?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:27:56AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter spake thus:
> Hi Barry,
[...]
> To get backlight at all, I had to enable a few i2c options in the
> kernel config, especially the keywest. I suggest to look for them,
> in the end I had CONFIG_I2C_KEYWEST=y set and got a backlight
> with 2.6.12-rc3 and some of Ben's patches.
[...]
Bernhard,
    Thanks for the reply.  I currently have CONFIG_I2C_KEYWEST=m, but
that is about the only I2C module I have enabled (I think it is part
of the default setup in the default pmac config file.).  That module
loads, but that's about it.  I will poke around some more to see what
else might be needed.  I guess I should also try the 2.6.12 kernel
tree to see if that makes a difference as well.

Regards,
--
Barry Hawkins
All Things Computed