Triple display problems with XFree86 (Possible ATI driver problem?)

Hello,

i have just installed Debian and am having problems getting XFree86 to
work with my setup

I have three displays driven by an (APG) ATI Radeon 9600 and a (PCI)
ATI Radeon 7000. I have attached the output from 'lspci' for further
information.

Running startx initialy (after the debian installer default setup)
doesn't work and produces two interesting errors:

(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:6:2:0) found
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:240:16:0) found

(I have attached the log from this attempt as XFree86.0.log.initial)

Realising that setting up all three monitors would be hard, at this
point I opted to just get the primary monitor working and work on the
other two later.

Seeing this message I changed my XF86Config-4 so that the only Device
section's BusID matched the first error reported (PCI:6:2:0). Upon
this change, every invocation of startx hung with a black screen and
caused a kernel panic.

I used the Debian installer CD to mount and chroot my system so that I
could change the config file. This time I changed the BusID to that of
the second
error (PCI:240:16:0) and rebooted.

This time, when startx was called the kernel didn't pannic - but
something rather odd hapend. The center screen went black and some
"noise" flashed accross both the center and right screen for a second.
It is worth noting that both these screens are driven by the primary
video card.

The log showed a different message this time. Something along the lines of:

Caught signal 11. Server aborting.

I have attached this error log as XFree86.0.log.second.

This is as far as I have got. I have googled and googled, changed this
setting and that - but nothind. I can't get any further.

Is this a bad configuration? Or perhaps a bad ATI driver? I doub't
this though as the primary card (the only one I am telling X to pay
attention to) was the default video card shipped with PowerMacs a year
ago when I bought it. Surley suport for such a common card in the 'G5'
range could not be missing?

Just in case it helps, I have attached my XF86Config-4 for your reference.

I would be so apreciative of any help getting this working.

Thanks!
Noah