Re: make-kpkg: Recompile/install same kernel version, keeping the old modules

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 05:23:42PM +0100, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> >Hi All
> >
> >After recompiling the same kernel-version (2.6 flavor) I want to make
> >sure that the previously installed modules of this same kernel-version
> >in /lib/modules/<some-kernel-version>/ will not be overwritten by the
> >newly compiled same kernel revision when installing it. Is this
> >possible?
> >

> try:
>
> $less /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz

Shame on me: Perhaps I should start reading my own advice on my
homepage regarding kernel compiles, where I recommended exactly the
file you mentioned: Thanks for helping an obviously brain-damaged
person crossing the street ... :)

Regards
Wolfgang

--