Kernel 2.6.12-rc2

I compiled the kernel using the config-2.6.8-powerpc file in /boot. There apparently is no config.gz file for Debian kernels. But I do know the option you are talking about Ben, and the next compilation I do I will activate it. The kernel appeared to have aty128 compiled as a module, so I will recompile it. One question that arose is why did it not need an initrd.img? Every other time I have compiled on it was, and this time when I make it an initrd.img file to boot with it won't boot, but when I disable the initrd img it boots fine.
--Mike