Re: Bluetooth is supported in the new PB?

On Apr 7, 2005 4:38 PM, Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 16:18 +0300, Eddy Petrisor wrote:
>
> > Errr, no chance is the kernel.
> >
> > I have been keeping the same kernel since last time I tried.
>
> Hm, ok.
>
> > I suspect
> > the bluez packages.
>
> I just tried with older packages from snapshot.debian.net but no go
> either.

OH MY GOD! I have been searching for this site for quite a long time now....
thank you.

I will try an older version, too. Maybe some libraries are the ones to
be blamed.
I'll let you know if it works for me.

> > Well, everything works in MAC OS X :-) . But is not the same feeling.
>
> Yeah but I wanted to make sure the device wasn't somehow damaged.

Funny you mention that.

Have you, or anybody else experienced low performance when
transmitting files from the computer to a phone over bluetooth?

I experienced speeds around 2-3kb/s from mac to my Nokia 6600, while
the speed in the other direction was about _ten_ times higher. (Tested
in OSX).

I understand that writing to MMC has its penalty, but _ten_ times is too much.

--
Regards,
EddyP