Re: iBook G3 owners

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:28:08AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Ok, can you try this please: After you have applied my patches, edit the
> file arch/ppc/platforms/pmac_cache.S, and spot those 2 bits of code:

On my 700Mhz 750FX iBook, with 2.6.12-rc2 and your patches from the
website I require those extra changes to make it work.  Without them,
the iBook goes to sleep OK, but doesn't seem to wake up (this has been
a problem since somewhere just after 2.6.10 IIRC).

X works OK, and the iBook sleeps OK in X (Radeon Mobility M6) but when
it wakes up the screen is very strange to start with; you can see
"echos" of the terminal up the top half of the screen and the
background seems dithered ... then it slowly seems to add bring back
the colours over a one-two seconds till it comes back to life.  It's a
very strange effect that I've never seen before.

The CPU speed seems to work fine, and it sleeps and wakes in both
700Mhz and 400Mhz mode.

-i
ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au