Re: cdrecord failing to write

Ben Hill wrote:
Nautilus has been barfing when I try to write a CD from the CD/DVD
creator. There is no output from the cdrecord command when I click to
display the  results.

I've tried to run cdrecord from the command line as both my user and
root, but get the same result.

Output of "cdrecord -scanbus":

I assume you are running 2.6. Make sure SCSI emulation is disabled.

Try cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus

The 2.6 kernels > 2.6.8 don't use SCSI emulation anymore. Check out the readme...

/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup

	-Eric

--
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
	- Albert Einstein