Re: 43p-140 install issues

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 16:05, Philippe Guyot wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 15:34, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Yes, partman sees the partitions already on the scsi disk.

> > > Yes, it was able to download stuff for install.
> >
> > Cool, that means that we can probably ignore those messages for now. I
> > wonder about the root=/dev/ram option though.

> > > I tried with console=/dev/console but there was nothing but the penguin
> > > image on the screen. I will try again with tty0.....
> >
> > You could even try :
> >
> > console=ttyS0,9600 console=tty0
> >
> > Which makes both consoles active, and the last one being the really used
> > one. It will echo the console stuff to the serial port though.
>
> Yep.
>
> But strange things happen:
>
> "chose country or region failed"
>
> going back to main menu, I can choose the default (english) but then I loop
> on choosing the country "france"
>
> install jumps over the keyboard layout configuration
> selecting it later from the main menu launches partman
>
> on screen display sometimes corrupted
>
> There's something else wrong somewhere.

Well, I put a new scsi disk on the machine and tried to go at end of install.

Partman made a prep partition, but because of disk size (9GB) I was not able
to size it < 1%  so it is 8.2 MB, more than the "magic" limit of 8 MB for the
PReP partition.......entering 6.0 MB for instance leads to 8.2 MB again.

Installer warned me that there was no stuff for booting.

So I suppose I have to dd /boot/vmlinux to /dev/sda1 but after having patched
it with "preptools" from Leigh to make it aware of root=/dev/sda3. Is that
always true ?

Friendly
Felipe