Re: PQ2FADS-ZU: kernel 2.4.26: gcc: application header files

On Dec 23 2005, KokHow Teh wrote:
> PQ2FADS-ZU:~# gcc -o float float.c
> float.c:1:19: stdio.h: No such file or directory
(...)
> Could anybody enlighten me on what are the components (.deb) missing
> from my system? Thank you!

You should install the package libc6-dev. Also, it's not a bad idea to
install manpages-dev.

Oh, and, BTW, if your "float.c" program uses some function from the math
section of the standard library (e.g., sqrt), then you'll have to use
the "-lm" option at the end of the gcc invocation line.

But this is off-topic for debian-powerpc. You should ask these questions
on debian-user, instead.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/