Re: Linux on new iMac G5 PowerMac12,1 ?

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 21:32 -0500, Percy Zahl wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I tried to boot a 2.6.14.3-ppc kernel on a new iMac G5 (20"/2.1GHz)
> PowerMac12,1, it crashed after about 4 or 5 lines of kernel messages,
> and the OF promt was back scrolling endless.... need to manually
> power off to recover.
>
> Is there any Linux kernel variant known to boot successfully on such
> a machine?

Not yet. I'm currently working on support for the new machines, that
includes the new iMac G5 with iSight, and the dual core G5s. They have a
new chipset that needs a bit of work. Hopefully, I'll have a patch soon,
probably tomorrow, with some basic support but no thermal control yet.
I'll need testers with the new iMac as I don't have access to one
though, I'll let you know. The thermal control will come soon after
that.

Ben.