Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 09:11:55AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Do you have an idea when the problem started ?
>
> In a word: no.  Some time after 2.6.12 is my best guess, but that
> hardly narrows it down.
>
> I might see if I can find time to regress through a few kernel
> versions, with one error a day git-bisect could take a very long time
> :)

Nah, that calls for a more elaborate approach. I'd first verify 2.6.12 is
indeed OK (and it's not just your hardware that was still OK at 2.6.12
time) then look for changes regarding interrupt handling, spin locks and
PMU in arch/ppc, arch/powerpc and drivers/macintosh. There's got to be a
git way to do that.

	Michael