Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 20:52 -0600, Tommy Trussell wrote:

> On 11/27/05, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         On my system, the sudden shutdowns started when I upgraded
>         from Ubuntu Hoary to Breezy. It looks like Breezy provides
>         either kernel 2.6.10 or 2.6.11 (I probably had upgraded to the
>         latter but I am not certain now), and Breezy uses 2.6.12.
>
> of course, I meant to write "Hoary provides either 2.6.10 or 2.6.11
> and Breezy uses 2.6.12"

At this point, I would really need you guys to do some dichotomy to try
to isolate more precisely what kernel change introduced the problem.
That is if you confirm it's between 2.6.11 and 2.6.12, then test the
various -rcX and possible git/bk snapshots in between those 2 kernels or
do a git bisect. Will take a while, but that's all I can find for now.

Ben.