Re: Which Printer?

On 11/23/05, Fritz Wettstein <fritzvsspam@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

I use a Canon i550 right now but unfortunatley this model isn't suported
for Linux by Canon... - so I have to look for another make. It's not
easy because it should be a model with different cassettes for every
color and it should be supported by Linux/Cups.

If you would like to make the Canon work and don't mind using some non-free software, give TurboPrint a try http://www.turboprint.de/english.html   -- I've had good luck with it in Debian and Ubuntu, and for the use I had for it there was no license fee.

Your Mileage May Vary....

(elsewhere in this thread I see Michael Tautschnig pointed to this page http://www.linuxprinting.org/canon-faq.html#s_8 which says the TurboPrint driver works for the Canon i550.)