Re: 2.6.15-rc2

> PS.: To answer the question you did not ask: the thing which is
> "working" is (according to rumours, see the list archives), that with
> an unpatched kernel and some super-secret (not yet in CVS?) versions
> of Xorg you seemingly can get keyboard events from the fn-key under
> X11.

Afaik, current -git does emit KEY_FN. It might not be in the X.org
default keycodes, but that's a userland fix I suppose...

On the other hand, "Fn" is handled in hardware for ADB keyboards and by
the kernel (simulating hardware) afaik, in OS X, and I suspect it might
be a good idea to do the same, that is, have a translation map of the HW
keycodes when Fn is pressed in the kernel driver.

It may require some politics to get accepted by the input layer
maintainer though.

Ben.