debian sarge on new iBook

Hi,
I'm new in debian and last week I bought a new iBook G4.
I installed debian sarge and I'm running on 2.6.8-powerpc kernel (the one coming
with the installation).
After installation I found some hints on the list and got my iBook run X (Kde)
correctly;
brightness and eject buttons work and sleep functionality  seems to work too
with
pbbuttonsd_0.6.6-3_powerpc.

Running lsmod I can see pmacsound modules loaded but Sound is not working at all
ryujin@littlepenguin:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ipv6                  323928  17
appletalk              43456  20
uninorth_agp            8544  1
agpgart                42412  1 uninorth_agp
tsdev                   8640  0
joydev                 12000  0
evdev                  11968  3
eth1394                25480  0
ehci_hcd               37156  0
sungem                 36836  0
crc32                   4832  1 sungem
sungem_phy             10240  1 sungem
ohci1394               41924  0
therm_adt746x          12460  0
sr_mod                 22884  0
snd_powermac           44304  1
snd_pcm               119800  2 snd_powermac
snd_page_alloc         13480  1 snd_pcm
snd_timer              29348  1 snd_pcm
snd                    67800  4 snd_powermac,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              11812  1 snd
sbp2                   28080  0
scsi_mod              113472  2 sr_mod,sbp2
ieee1394              448136  3 eth1394,ohci1394,sbp2
ide_cd                 49764  0
cdrom                  49660  2 sr_mod,ide_cd
ext3                  130736  1
jbd                    71576  1 ext3
mbcache                10116  1 ext3
usbhid                 53952  0
uhci_hcd               43792  0
ohci_hcd               26212  0
usbcore               139092  6 ehci_hcd,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd
ide_disk               27072  3
unix                   32088  244

Should I have to download another kernel version/patch or recompile the 2.6.8
kernel with other options?
What about internal modem? Is there a way to make it work or is like the one
coming with powerbooks (I think I read something on the list about soft modems
on powerbooks).
Thank you in advance for your help

Matte