How to get a backtrace of Xorg (was: (Solved) Request for help to identify some bugs (part one))

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/DebuggingTheXserver

> I did a 'strace -ofile startx'. Is it the right way?

Probably not, as
	a) startx is a script which itself starts the X-Server binary
	   (You'll get the strace of the running bash.)
	b) and strace is tracking system calls, which can be helpful
	to debugging, but is different from a gdb backtrace.

Bernhard