Re: 64bit status report : biarch toolchain and ppc64 debian kernel.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:45:56PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> At Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:30:33 +1000,
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > Yeah, things are not as fast as we hope, but we are a volunteer organisation,
> > > so we will see.
> > >
> > > But if in a month or so NPTL is not yet enabled, we will go and ask them, but
> > > the current way is to make small incremental steps, i guess.
> >
> > Turning on NPTL is a one liner or such in the package config file... it
> > work fine, I've been running NPTL enabled packages for ages.
>
> It's under testing.  Probably glibc 2.3.5-4 will have ppc32/nptl support.
> Note that ppc64 already uses NPTL (and LT is not supported).

Cool,

That brings us to the next step, what is the best way to get most libraries to
build 64bit packages ? This would need some extensive change in the packaging
stuff probably.

Do you know if sparc64 or other such already build 64bit library versions,
since we are more akin to them than to the amd64 situation ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther