Re: PowerBook G3 video resolution probs

Nope! Same result I do not have this problem with Yellowdog and never with OW-Macs. Did not try Fedora Core 4…

I receive an "Out of sync" with "154 Hz/81 KhZ" in my TFT if I do not pass kernel parameters manually- If I add video"atyfb at the boot prompt, this does not occcur. Strange behaviour…

The PB G3 Lombard is something between OW and NW ROM Mac. It has Open Firmware but also SCSI… Maybe it's very machine specific…

??? a bit of perplexed ???

What about hsync and vsync? What's the syntax?

I will give fbdev a chance. I already installed "apt-get install fbset". Maybe this gives us a hint…

Tom