Re: Fn key and 2.6.12-rc4
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Fn key and 2.6.12-rc4
- From: Douglas Russell <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:34:01 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20050802183912.GA5015@samweis.home.lxtec.de>
- References: <email@example.com> <20050802071736.GA22055@baumbart.home.lxtec.de> <20050802183912.GA5015@samweis.home.lxtec.de>
I patched my 2.6.14-r1 kernel with the fn key patch and noticed that it might
be conflicting with the quirk for the powermouse and so removed that patch
> Have build 13-rc5:
> showkeys -k:
> Hitting fn - 0x61 0xe1
> Hitting fn+up 0x61 0x67 0xe7 0xe1
I presume "showkeys" is not some different program than "showkey"
showkey -k (Then when fn pressed and released)
keycode 464 press
keycode 464 release
If I do 'showkey -s' and press fn I get no response and it does not affect the
output when held down when other keys are pressed. i.e. fn+up and up generate
the same result.
Is there something in 2.6.14 that would prevent this patch from working? I'd
thought it would be in 2.6.14 anyway.