Re: Help! Not able to mount FAT filesystems

Sven Luther declared on Thursday 25 August 2005 08:43 am:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:01:41PM +0200, Pablo Gil wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm fed up with this. I've been trying for weeks with no results.
> > I've got an external HD and a camera. Both are vfat devices. As long
> > as I know (and I'm pretty sure cos i've checked) I've the right
> > kernel options enabled, but I can not mount them.
>
> Why not use the standard debian kernel instead ? I have no trouble
> with fat flash devices or scsi disks with it :)

<RANT>
Sven, if you read all of his problem, you'll see it has nothing to do
with not having FAT compiled into his kernel.  It'd be nice if you would
stop chastising people for compiling their own kernel instead of using a
debian supplied one... expecting people running an open-source OS to not
compile software themselves seems silly.
</RANT>

Pat