Re: modem on PowerBook5,6?

On 03/08/2005 at 14:43 +0200, Stelian Pop wrote:

> or buy a Linux supported USB or PCMCIA modem

Another option (that's what I use when I'm on vacation at my parents')
is an external rs-232 modem (a normal one) with a serial-usb adaptor (I
use a ftdi_sio driven one).

It works quite nicely. The problem is that it's not as portable as a usb
or pcmcia modem (but it's ok for me as I keep the modem at my parents'
and only carry the cable in the bag).

If my iBook had pcmcia, I'd probably had choosen this last one.

--
Kiko
Private mail is preferred encrypted: