Re: Pbbuttonsd not starting under 2.6.12

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:34:59 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin@colino.net> wrote:

> > pbbuttonsd works on 2.6.12... (at least it does here for a while) I
> > don't know whether the above sender switched to udev (or some newer
> > version of it) and /dev/pmu does not exist or has wrong permissions
>
> Works for me too, using udev.
> In /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions , I have:
> pmu:root:root:666

Pbbuttonsd 0.6.10 works fine for me too. ;-)

The /dev/pmu device is automatically created by udev because it can be
found in sysfs.

I use Kernel:    Linux version 2.6.12-rc4
My udev version: 0.056-2

/dev/pmu is a sensible device and should neither be world readable nor
writeable. I set the permission to root:root:600 and it works fine.

 Best Regards
   Matthias