Re: Bull Escala MT604

Le 31 mai 05 à 16:36, Christian Walther a écrit :

Hi,

is this really an "Escala MT604"? I'm just wondering because I found
information on an Estrella MT604, but there doesn't seem to be a
MT-Modell in the Escala series.

Excuse me for the typo : it'a Bull Escala M204 familly model (204 and not 604). It's based on PowerPC 604e if I follow what Bull says on it's web site.
And the real model type in the M204 familly is a MT204.

I will try image for PREP first. And if it don't work will try with CHRP.

If it is an Estrella, it should be a PREP-machine. You might try to
boot a Debian PREP-kernel on it. It's worth a try, but it's possible
that it fails.

Ok, noted. Thx for the info.

I once installed Linux on a Motorola Powerstack II, but this required
the kernel to be patched in order to work. If I remember correctly,
this machine was compatible with the Estrella series.
Just drop me an eMail when the stock Debian-kernel doesn't work for
you, I'll send you the kernel I use on my Powerstack, it might help.

Thx again.

Also, any disk image available might not work on this machine, because
there is a difference in the way PREP- and newer CHRP-machines boot. I
guess your image is for CHRP.

ok. The most important problem I have right now is I can't find keys sequence on the Dumb Terminal(it's not a graphical system, the terminal is connect via serial line) to lauch the OF. (I guess it's an OF on this type of Machine ?).

I've tried "8", "F8", "ESC" when the boot sequence begun, but nothing. May be this info could help, I've tried with the key in Maintenance position and normal position.

Any idea ?

Good luck!
Christian

Thx a lot again for your help