Re: Questions about the new powerbook ?

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 10:05:39PM +0200, Johannes Berg spake thus:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 19:36 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > >       -  The trackpad doesn't work. Is it planned to write a driver
> > > for this trackpad in the kernel ?
>
> http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/PowerBook/touchpad
>
> > There are some experiments here or there, I don't know the current
> > status...
>
> Yeah, see above. I know how it works, but I don't know how to properly
> analyse the data. Need someone with some experience in digital signal
> processing or something...
[...]
I loaded Johannes' driver and played with it some today.  It works, but
the tracking was a bit too dodgy for typical use.  There may be some
configuration that I am not aware of which could cause the driver to be
usable.

--
Barry Hawkins
All Things Computed