sound on 5,7 powerbook

Hi List,

I've come across problems with getting sound to work on a 5,7 powerbook (new
17"). Till now, I've spent about a week of research to find out what's
keeping me from using it, but I haven't been successful. I've followed/read a
few descriptions on new 15" powerbooks and of course installed the currently
available sound patch, but that didn't help. In fact, I'm not even sure what
to look out for - I'm not getting any (sound specific) errors as well
(although I just might look at the wrong places).

I've tried my best to solve this without bothering others, but I can't seem to
find a solution (not to mention that it's very hard to find 5,7 specific
information - in fact I haven't found anything related to 5,7 powerbooks). If
somebody could point me to some good starting point I'd be more than
thankful.

Another weird thing I've come across is the output of lspci, which ends with

0002:24:0f.0 ffff: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth 2 GMAC (Sun GEM) (rev ff)
(prog-if ff)
 !!! Unknown header type 7f

Maybe someone has a hint for that as well?

Regards,
flim