Re: Questions about the new powerbook ?

Hi Ben, hi Mickael,

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 08:55:19AM +0200, Mickael Royer wrote:
> >if you log in your machine remotely while it's in X and do "chvt 1", does
> >this work ?
>
> Yes, it woks well
>
> >Can you switch to console in general when in X ?
>
> Yes
>
> Moreover, when Powerbook is blocked, I can ping the laptop but the ssh
> server doesn't work anymore. So I can not see what's happen on the
> powerbook.
> I don't understand ?????

Some time ago I reported a similar sounding issue about rc2:

   Sometimes the machine crashes on suspend to disk. It only happens
   when I work in X and it seems to freeze in the process of switching
   to a virtual terminal. The screen shows a distorted image of the
   previous screen (as if I had 8Bit colour depth with oversized
   pixels).  I never had such freezes with 2.6.10 and this is the issue
   which annoys me most ATM. I don't have a way to clearly reproduce the
   freeze. It happend in two out of perhaps 20 suspends. It only seems
   to happen on the first suspend after boot.
   The suspend itself is much much faster than with 2.6.10 however.

I did not test the network ping however, will if I have a
network-connection the next time. Can you test if can suspend to disk if
you first switch to vt1 and then suspend? I can suspend properly from X
if I switch to vt1 before I do the first suspend after boot. I noticed
that this breaks if I run mol. Switching to vt8 - Mol fullscreen in fb -
doesn't work for me atm and I have to switch to vt1 again befora suspend
after running mol.

I hope to find time to test your patches soon.

Thanks,

Wolfi