yaboot install g5

Hi,

I've read through a good number of threads on installing on as g5, but
I'm having quite a time.  I was wondering if I could tender some
questions?

I have a SP 1.6G G5 with osX on sata main disk and a newly installed
with nothing on it secondary disk that I want to install debian on.  I
burned today's daily netinstall ISO and get into the yaboot screen.  I
type in "install".  I have 2 monitors on this machine, on one I get
....ok opening display ....Simone_B.   On the other I get ...ok
copying OF device tree..done
Initializing fake screen ATY, Simone_A
calling quiesce
returngin 0x01400000 from prom_init

Invalid memory access at %SRR0: 0000000000.01403b88  %SRR1: 10000000.00083030
Apple PowerMac7, 2 5.15f2 BoorROM

and then some instructions and I try to type in mac-boot, but my
keyboard won't respond and the fans are blasting at full speed.

What am I doing wrong here?

thanks,
wes