Re: Antialiased fonts in gtk1.x applications

> I already know the answer: gdkxft :)

> The output I get while compiling the 1.5 package is this:
>
> [cut coming right after the end of ./configure]
>
> In file included from /usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:41,
>                  from gdkxft.c:29:
> /usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such
> file or directory

> I have the ftheader.h file and is positioned in
>
> /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftheader.h
>
> I kind of see the solution (an "include" problem) but I don't know
> how to do this.

In the Makefile, check to see that /usr/include/freetype2 is part of
the search path.  If not, you can modify where the "inlcude PATH" is
to include that subdirectory.

Alternatively, /usr/include is pretty much default for include PATHs.
Where you have the:

   #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>

that's causing you trouble, try changing it to:

   #include <freetype2/freetype/config/ftheader.h>

as now, it'll just have to look inside /usr/include (which it should
already do) to find the necessary file.

HTH.

cheers
vinai