Opendarwin with Debian

So, I started wondering if it might be possible to use an opendarwin
kernel on a debian system. I've seen a couple postings about porting
debian to darwin, but it doesn't seem like anybody's tried it. Does
anybody have any experience with this, let alone know what the benefits
of running a darwin kernel might entail? Would this be a way for the
opensource community to get more involved in developing the kernel that
apple uses for their hardware and start to create a happier relationship
between opensource developers and Apple? Would this help convince Apple
to give us a little more leverage on getting code for developing
opensource ATI drivers or Airport or opening up other software to the
opensource community?

Just some ideas.

- Ben