Re: grub 2?

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 17:30 +0100, Lee Braiden wrote:
> I see that the HURD wiki talks about grub 2, and its powerpc support.  Has
> anyone tried it on ppc yet?  Might be nice to have an alternative to
> yaboot :)

That would be great; grub is brilliant on i386 and to have it on PPC'd
be very nice.  Grub2 must be a big challenge, though.  For example,
displaying text on PPC is much more complicated as I gather that PPC
machines don't have something similar to the legacy pure text mode of
PCs.  I will have to look up how it's being developed; sounds like quite
a challenging thing to make cross-platform!

After my degree is over soon and I have some time on my hands I may try
using it when I put Linux over the whole disk.

best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>