SSH X11 Forwarded OOo refuses to start

Hello,

I've been having this issue for some time.  Sometimes when I start
programs on my PPC box, forwarding them to my desktop they refuse to
start with errors like the following.  Usually restarting them makes
them work (e.g. Firefox, Evolution).  However, when I start OOo,
it /always/ does this:

The program 'soffice.bin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (Details: serial 83 error_code 1 request_code 128 minor_code 1)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

I was told a while back to look at my ForwardX11Trusted setting.  I set
this to ``no'' (against the Debian default of ``yes'').  OOo then works,
but uses a default GTK renderer and is only just about readable.
Evolution does the same but always comes out with a strange green hue on
the toolbars and text and is completely unreadable.

Does anyone else have these issues?  Is it possible to get the programs
to load /and/ use my normal GTK theme (I use bluecurve on the desktop
and PPC box, with larger than normal font sizes.  When ForwardX11Trusted
is set to ``yes'', Evolution and Firefox match perfectly with the rest
of my desktop).

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>