Re: PMSET was "Automatic power-on" or "pmacpow--would a .deb be worthwhile?"

> > > pmset it's *BSD, but if that can help someone, you will found the man of
> > > the function:
> > > http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/pmset.1.html
> >
> > The man page in itself doesn't help too much. Someone sent me code for
> > automatic boot after power failure ('autoboot' in recent powerpc-utils),
> > and announced he would send code for another tool to schedule powerup, but
> > so far this hasn't materialized.
>
> What code ? For what machines ? It is implemented for PMU based machines
> already by the kernel (see /proc/pmu/options). For Cuda machines, it's
> not but I don't know if it's a software setting at all on these, an
> earlier Cuda driver is available in Open Darwin to look at anyway.

The autoboot code was for CUDA. The corresponding startup schedule code
(bootsched.c ???) is missing.

Maybe that code came from BSD or Darwin, I have to look at OpenDarwin ...

> Regarding the scheduled startup times, I haven't looked into detail yet,
> it should be a rather simple PMU command though.

Yep, I recall seeing some comments or documentation to that effect while
working on the m68k Mac kernel. Can't recall any details :-(

	Michael