Re: autoload modules

On 5/9/05, gm c <gm_c2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried your /etc/modprobe.d/sound file with alias sound-slot-0
> snd-powermac.
> It doesnt auto load the module when I open xmms to play a sound file.
> I does load it on bootup which is strange.

Here's where I hope someone who knows something about this responds to
this thread -- I am a bit confused by that directory myself.
Yesterday, I was trying to help someone with a sound problem in Ubuntu
and it didn't have that directory at all.

Under what circumstances do you want the module to unload? Couldn't
you just unload it manually when you need to? Is this a USB sound card
and you're trying to get hotplug to work?