Re: external Display and FBDev

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>The config file options for clone changed a bit. You need to specify
>CRT2Position "Clone" and MergedFB "true" in your device section. Have a
>look at the radeon.man man page in the source of the ATI driver in the
>X.org source tree (in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati)
>
>Ben.

So that's really great ... following this thread i've been finally able
to have a working and clear Cloned Screen on External VGA :):):)

The only problem i'm experiencing now is that it seems that the same
Resolution is used on both the Monitors (12'' Ibook LCD and external
17'' LCD) so that if i use 1280x1024 on the external one i have a
Virtual Screen on the iBook 12".

I've tried with :

        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "Radeon 9200 Mobility"
        BusID       "PCI:0:16:0"
        Option      "UseFBDev" "false"
        #Option "NoAccel" "true"
        Option      "AGPMode" "4"
        Option      "EnablePageFlip" "On"
        #ChipID      0x514d
        Option      "CRT2Position" "Clone"
        Option     "MergedFB" "true"
        Option "RenderAccel"        "On"
        Option "MetaModes" "1024x768-1280x1024 1280x1024 1024x768"
        Option "CRT2HSync" "30.0-82.0"
        Option "CRT2VRefresh" "56.0-76.0"

Using MetModes should give me 2 different resolution for the 2 monitors
isn'it? and , based on Man, i should be able to change resolution with
CTRL+ALT+{-/+} ... but it does not work.

BTW , i am satisfied at all just right now :)
So thanks to Ben and all the others keeping on work ;)

Bye
Primeroz