Success story : 802.11g on ibook

Good evening! (at least in France)

I've been searching for a zydas zd1201 based 802.11b device for a long time.
In vain...

This afternoon, I decided to buy a Trendnet TEW-424UB which is base on
zd1211 chipset, chipset for which a free driver exists at
http://zd1211.sourceforge.net/. I was not sure if it would work, but the
device is quite cheap (29€) and I really wanted to have wifi under
GNU/Linux on my ibook.

Alleluhia, the cvs driver from sourceforge works on linux PPC (kernel
2.6.12-rc3). wlan0 configuration in /etc/network/interfaces and in ifplugd
(via dpkg-reconfigure) and now when I plug the device in, wlan0 rise up.

Not eveything is wonderfull: no encryption, computer freezes if I want to
suspend it to ram while the device is plugged; but it works.

Yannick